An Introduction to
Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Lymphatic Drainage massage uses gentle strokes to encourage the lymph nodes to eliminate metabolic waste products, excess fluid, and bacteria. By reducing the blockage, it helps to promote a healthier lymph system.
This technique is performed by a specialist in lymphatic drainage therapy rather than a massage therapist.
Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage include:
- Improving chronic conditions such as arthritis, acne, and other skin conditions
- Promotion of scar tissue healing
- Post-operative healing, including swelling after plastic surgery
- Swelling relief following plastic surgery
- Treatment of lymphedema and other conditions